Confirmation Retreat Weekends
The focus of our weekends is to augment the curriculum being taught in the local church, with a focus on providing tools to youth that will help them keep their promise when they are confirmed in the church. The mini-workshops will be more specifically tailored to address the importance of:
- Being Present in the life of the church.
- Learning the spiritual disciplines like Prayer in developing a conversational relationship with God.
- What the Bible says about Gifts and why it’s important as a joyful expression of faith to tithe.
- Figuring out what talents God has given you, what you are passionate about, and how you can put them into the Service of others
- Which also follows with Witness as you reflect the spirit of Jesus through your life.
- The World Methodist Museum is a place where youth will discover more about John Wesley and the roots of United Methodism.
- The SEJ Heritage Archives Center is a valuable opportunity for youth to get a better understanding of the history of the United Methodist Church with emphasis on the southeast.
- “Discover Your Call” will synthesize the teachings from the weekend into one interactive workshop to help youth discern their call to serve the Lord.
- Brian Allen will lead worship. Check out Brian’s ministry and experience in music here.
These extraordinary weekends are filled with kids from across the Southeast. For youth to worship together from so many diverse backgrounds, and to be unified by their belief in God, is truly inspiring – both for them and for the adults who come with them!
A typical schedule looks like this:
8:00 pm: Worship and first session
8:30 pm: Leader’s orientation during worship
8:00 am: Morning worship and second session
9:00 am: Mini-workshops
12:00 pm: Lunch
1:30 pm: Discover Your Call, museum tours
5:30 pm: Dinner
7:30 pm: Worship and third session
8:45 am: Morning worship and fourth session, commissioning and communion
10:30 am: Sending forth