“The Meaning of Life in the Prophets” (Nov. 12-14, 2018)
With emphasis on references to the coming Messiah and the “Messianic Idea in Israel;” Messiah as Prophet (teacher), Priest (purifying the Temple), and King (restoring David’s throne).
In this seminar we will study the Old Testament, coming to understand that it is not a metaphysical book. The Bible is a concrete book that does not just speak abstractly of things that are distant and far away. The prophets lived in an important time before Christ when, even then, they told of his arrival. The notebook we will reference in this seminar is “The Major Prophets” by Dr. James Fleming.
Topics will include:
- The Assyrians came like a Wolf on the Fold
- Isaiah and the Good King Hezekiah
- Jeremiah’s Doom and Hope
- Archaeology and the Last Days of Judah
- Archaeology and the Return from Captivity
- Reversal of Fortune and Spirituality of the Return
“Advent: Waiting for the Lord” (Nov. 14-16, 2018)
Advent is a time of waiting with expectation for the coming of the Christ Child. Explore the wilderness of expectation, the faithfulness of
Elizabeth and Zechariah and Simeon and Anna in their waiting, the backgrounds of Nazareth and Bethlehem, the women in Matthew’s
genealogy, and the unassuming side of God. The notebook we will reference in this seminar will be “Advent: Waiting For the Lord” by Dr. James Fleming.
Topics will include:
- The Wilderness of Expectation
- Isaiah and the Wonderful Counselor
- Bethlehem, the Least of Judah
- The Insignificance of Nazareth
- Matthew’s Women in the Genealogy of Jesus
- The Assuming and Unassuming Side of God
Experiencing the World of the Bible is brought to you in partnership with the Foundation for Evangelism, a nonprofit serving ministries of the United Methodist Church whose mission is to promote, encourage and provide resources for Wesleyan evangelism, inviting all people into a life-transformation relationship with Jesus Christ. Learn more about the Foundation for Evangelism here.
- Program only, 1 seminar: $202.00; w/ book: $227.00
- Program only, 2 seminars: $322.00; w/ book: $372.00
Discount for conference center housing:
- On-site, 1 seminar: $187.00; w/ book: $212.00 (Save $15!)
- On-site, 2 seminars: $297.00; w/ book: $347.00 (Save $25!)
CEU: 1.0 continuing education credit given for each seminar attended.